Wednesday 8 June 2016

WOYWW 366

Good morning from a grey and slightly drizzly corner of Kent.

Today I'm bringing you a very untidy desk for once.. and a lot of clutter surrounding it.. why? Well.. because I've been making cards.. and for some reason I always seem to make more mess when I'm doing this!

I'm joining in the What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday 366 which is currently being hosted by LunchLadyJan while Julia, (whose baby this is), is recovering from surgery.. wishing you well Julia!

So here is my cluttered desk (and room)


Also.. in some other news.. my second layout featured here has been featured on the Stuck?! ChallengeBlog.. a first for me so I'm thrilled! However, being a bit of a technophobe... I don't know how to add a 'Featured Layout' blinkie to my blog.. so I'm just sharing my news all over the place instead! lol here is the LO that was featured in case you don't have time to hop over for a look see too.



Well, anyway, enough of that! Here are the cards I've been making too


 I confess.. I made the dark one for a challenge.. and I'm not keen, so that will be taken apart and re-used elsewhere.. but the pink one came out as I envisaged. After photographing it I added the word 'Mum' under the happy birthday as I decided to send it to my husbands Mum as she owns a 3' tall ceramic pink flamingo.. who resides in her bathroom (don't ask!) I had made her a different card previously but when I got this cute little die free with a magazine I knew I had to make another! No doubt the original will get sent to someone else instead now. At least it's sent and on it's way now.

The final card I made is also for a challenge but it is also for my son and DILs 3rd wedding anniversary. I got this sketch from the Paper Craft Crew Blog where I am delighted that one of my cards have been chosen for one of their 'Top Picks' too .. how exciting! ( I worked out how to add their blinkie a few weeks ago but I can't do the other one! Doh!)



and here is the card I made using the required three Stampin' Up elements. The Perpetual Calendar Heart stamp, the background paper is from the Going Places paper collection and the tiny 'for you' stamp is from the Sweet Valentine set.


...so that's it for another week.. I'm not sure where these weeks roll by too.. they do seem to fly by!

Thanks for stopping by.. do let me know you've visited.

Elaine
x

24 comments:

  1. Well done on your fab featured layout

    Happy WOYWW

    Kathyk
    #17

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards. I know what you mean about the mess as I seem to get stuff all over too making cards. You need more followers (but then don't we all), so I'm your new one for today. Have a crafty and very happy WOYWW, Angela xXx 26

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for adding yourself as a follower! Welcome!

      Delete
  3. I really do like your style of crafting! The LO is fantastic, I'm not surprised it was chosen to feature in that challenge and the card is fun yet elegant. I'm not a fan of 'mushy', yours is the card I'd buy in the shops :-)
    Hugs, LLJ xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done you on being featured with your LO....it's fab....and so are your cards so the mess you make can be forgiven :-)
    Hugs,
    Annie x # 10

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards and LO .... I don't think your desk is messy at all. I can turn a clear desk into a reject shop after making one card. Have a lovely week.
    sandra de @13

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cards you've made, they are great. If you want to add a blinkie, just click on the image on the site, then 'SAVE AS@ and save it somewhere on your pc you can find it again. Desktop is always good. Them, in your blog, click top right on 'DESIGN', then in the list on the left hand side, click on 'LAYOUT'. On this page, you will see small boxes, with 'ADD A GADGET' in them. Click on one of thses,you will get a pop up list, scrioll down till you find one that says 'ADD AN IMAGE'. Click on that, and follow the instructions in the box, then when done, click 'SAVE' at the bottom of the box, then on 'SAVE ARRANGEMENT' on the top right of the screen, and you're done. Hope that helps you- you NEED to get your well earned Blinkie on your blog! Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #9 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you little beauty!!!! Thank You SOOOOOOmuch! It worked! (does a little happy dance)

      Delete
  7. Lovely busy desk Elaine. Congrats on your LO being featured - great page.
    Your cards are super too.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Elaine thanks for visiting my blog earlier and CONGRATS on your LO it is beautiful love all the layers of paper. Have a great week. Hugs~Anne L#3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your featured LO. Great cards too. Have fun creating! Happy Wednesday! LisaDV #35

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Elaine, thanks for the visit, I love your space, its so light! I miss having a window near my desk. Congrats on being featured. I really like the card that you made using the 3 SU elements. Cx #19

    ReplyDelete
  11. That LO is fabulous! No wonder it was featured.
    Love all your makes. I don't think your space is messy at all, its very tidy in my opinion.
    Happy WOYWW!
    Tertia #46

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well congratulations on being featured! Well done! I love that kraft layout.
    Your cards are lovely too. The pink one is indeed the queen of them all.
    Happy WOYWW,
    Lisca#17

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great layout and super cards.
    Have a great day.
    Diane - WOYWW #2

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done on your featured layout, and I love that pink flamingo! Have a great week. Helen #18

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Elaine, I love all your cards. Congrats on getting your fab LO featured.

    Really like your crafting area. It looks organised to me.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sue #15

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful cards! I love the flamingo one. It looks fun!

    Have a great week
    Sharon K #4

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on getting your layout featured - it's fab, and I love the colour palette. The cards are great too - the flamingo is gorgeous, I love those birds, and I bet your MIL will be thrilled with it. Thanks so much for stopping by my desk earlier, I hope you have a lovely week,
    Diana #24

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW you have been busy, no wonder you have a messy craft space.Well done in getting your layout featured, not surprised really as its stunning the detail is amazing. As for the flamingo I can see why you would want to use it I'm sure it will make your mother in laws day. I like the first card it would make a great man's card,they are always so difficult to do. Belated woyww wishes andrea 14#.

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE your scrapbook layout and your cards look great too! Crafting is a messy business - I gave up on trying to be tidy! Thanks for visiting earlier! Have a lovely weekend! zsuzsa #32

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fab layout and your space us such a great little space with every thing in arms reach happy WOYWW hugs Nikki 1

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on your work featured at those blogs... I see you managed to put the badge on your blog as it is visible in your side menu - YAY! Thanks for your visit to my blog earlier this week. Instead of creating, I sat on my balcony reading and enjoying the good weather last week. That's why I am late with visiting woyww-friends.. but today it's raining and it's a perfect morning to visit blogs so here I am, wishing you a beautiful Sunday! Hug from Holland, Marit #30

    ReplyDelete