Oh my word! Bloomin' blogger let me down! I'm so sorry I'm late.. I scheduled the post and it didn't load it when it should have... I'm so sorry! Anyway here is what you were missing!
Morning all.. as you know I am the Guest Designer for the month of March over on the CKC Blog.. and what a pleasure it has been.. it has really given me the inspiration to scrap regularly and I am pleased to say the wonderful kit over at Cocoa Daisy made me look at my supplies in a different way! Here is the kit in question:
Normally, when putting my own kit together, I would go through my, somewhat large, collection of papers and find something that resembles the kit on show.
However, in the case, I found that 'raspberry' jumped out at me as a colour I wanted to include in my kit 'Great Expectations' .. on closer inspection though, I found I didn't have anything that really jumped out at me that I wanted to include.. and so I decided to make some!
The first I made was the replica of the 'brick' paper here (second left top row)
I knew I'd got a brick 'mask'.. so I dug that out and then I got to work. I found my Versa Mark ink pad and a script stamp and stamped the script all over a plain white sheet of thin card stock. Then I embossed it with clear embossing powder and heat embossed it.
Next I took my mask and two different inks.. and randomly 'splodged' inks between the brick shapes.
Finally I rubbed the embossed text with kitchen roll and took off the excess ink from the script.
The eagle eyed amongst you will notice the text is back to front.. for some strange reason I own a stamp that was made incorrectly..but it is ideal when you only want the appearance of text rather than words itself.
And here is the final effect up close...
and the whole page looks like this one below.
I was pleased with the end result and I knew exactly the project for it.. as you can see in one of my previous posts ...LO no. 2.
I also needed a few little puffy stickers to add to my kit.. and I didn't have any appropriate ones.. so I made a few simple little flags and bunting by stamping, writing and using Ranger glossy accents on to give the effect of puffy stickers.
You can see how I used these in LO no. 3 below
I hope you enjoyed my 'tutorial' and I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with yourselves! Thanks for looking