Thursday 30 June 2016

A distressed layout

Good morning all

Today I'm bringing you a layout of a photo that I have scrapped before. The reason I have chosen to do this is because this is the last photo I have of me and my Dad together. He was sadly taken from us 6 weeks later at a very premature age of just 51...younger than myself now!



I chose to use this sketch here as my inspiration.  I put the photo with the banners and added the beachy wood effect cluster where the sketch shows the photo. The diagonal photo is represented as the horizontal phot in my layout.   It may be a loose interpretation but I think it's there for you to see.

I was also keen to try the distressing technique as per the June Challenge of Pixels and Paper challenge blog.distressing is a technique I have limited success with so I thought I'd keep it discreet. I scuffed up the edges of the banners beneath the photo and added splodges of ink and a distressed heart and 'LOVE' die cut.

So that's it really... the paper I used was a Kaisecraft one from the Blue Bay collection.

Thanks for stopping by..and don't forget to pop back soon to see what else I've been up to!

Elaine
x

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful LO Elaine. I think your take on the sketch is lovely.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely page, and a beautiful picture of you and your Dad.

    ReplyDelete