Friday 3 June 2016

CKCB June Kit..Summer Sensation

Good morning

Thanks for stopping by again this morning

Today I have my June Counterfeit Kit, Summer Sensation for you to peruse. It was inspired by this kit here over on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog and the add on colour kit below.





As usual I had to choose what jumped out at me.. and it was Navy, Teal,  (that's a stroke of luck as I have a LOT of that in my stash) feathers and clouds.

Anyone that regularly follows my blog will now know that I have started to add more mixed media to my 'repertoire' so I was delighted to have the opportunity to add mists and stencils. That said I forgot to add my cloud stencil to my kit before I photographed it!  Doh!

Anyway..I knew somewhere that I had some of the Simple Stories 'I Am' collection somewhere..a recent purchase, and I wanted to add some of my older papers too. I don't have a lot of navy in my stash but I pulled out what I did have and included it. I then pulled out other bright papers I thought worked too . I wanted my choices to be bright and cheerful as its summer and I have a lot of new photographs of my little Grand-daughter and my dear husband in the garden so I hope to get some of those scrapped this month. It is so lovely to see their relationship blossoming!

Anyway..here is my whole  kit

and here are the papers close up


Here are the alphas and embellishments too



As I did last month, I used some of my previous months left over kit, Mays Magic Memories (which I pretty much killed except the gold elements) so I included these too. I am loving gold right now, so I can't imagine not having gold to play with for a month! So I added gold glitter arrows, some gold mirri card, gold vellum and gold polaroid frames too. There are also lots of wooden embellishments too which I can alter to the colours needed with either glitter and Glossy Accents or simple inking with an ink pad. No doubt I will add more stash as and when I need it..but for now I have plenty to be going along with.. now all I need to do is get those photos printed of my lovely Grand-daughter Amber.

Here are some I'm particularly keen on scrapping




I'm off to a crop tomorrow so I hope to get a couple printed off before then and I can use my lovely kit to create some happy pages.

Thanks for stopping by..do let me know you've visited.

Elaine
x



12 comments:

  1. Wow thats a big kit! - I guess you intend to do A LOT of scrapping :) . I love those colours and the teal would have jumped out for me , plus those lovely blooms. What cute photos- enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet kit :) and such sweet pictures too :) I'll have to go back and check out the mixed media, I've been starting to play too so it'll be inspiring to see what you been doing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your granddaughter is such a cutie! I'm sure you'll love scrapping her photos with your kit - it's easy to be creative when you have such an adorable subject.
    I like that you put your kit together with what first caught your eye - the navy plays off well with the teal, pink and yellow. Definitely a fun and summery kit - hope you enjoy using it this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking kit, I love the 'I Am' papers, seeing you putting yours in your kit makes me want to hunt mine out...now where did I put them?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. MEGA-kit Elaine! Well done on getting it ready for today's crop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic kit! Beautiful photos too, they are particularly scrapworthy.
    Enjoy using all those goodies this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those pics would certainly be great motivators to scrap. Your kit had me at the I Am papers. Love it, enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super kit! I keep thinking I need to get the I Am collection - so many collections, so few pennies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your granddaughter is absolutely precious!

    I love your kit. It has a ton of fun papers and things in it to get some great pages done this month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've already seen one of your pages but I never like to miss the kit reveals! You showed great restraint this month (said one mega-kit builder to another, hehe) & I'll be on the lookout for some mixed media goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  11. want.need. and love your kit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of goodies to keep you busy! Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete