Sunday 5 June 2016

Three tags

Good morning again

I really should be getting on in my garden.. but I was so busy 'creating' stuff last week in the dreary weather that I wanted to catch up with my blogging first..the garden will have to wait! LOL

Today I am bringing you three tags made for a swap over on UKS.. this months theme is 'Flowers' so I set about creating these.


First I wanted to try some marbling.. a simple technique.. the hard bit is waiting for the card to dry!

I took a shallow tray and added plain water. Then I dropped alternating drops of Adirondack inks into it in concentric circles. Once these had settled a but I carefully lowered my tags into the water. The first ones that came out were very vibrant and a bit too bright for these so I continued to add more tags until I got a nice pale marbled colour. No doubt the darker ones will come in useful one day..maybe I'll make some ATC's with them..hmmm..now there's a thought!

Anyway..next I heat embossed some flowers from my Stampin Up Polka Pieces stamp set onto the corners in a nice bright yellow. I then placed the sentiment and stamped those. Finally I stamped and punched the bird and more of the flowers and I layered them on the tags and added pearl centres... simple really.

I do hope you like them?

Thanks for stopping by

Elaine
x



3 comments:

  1. Lovely tags Elaine. It sounds like you had a good time playing with your 'marbling'.
    Hope the weather stays nice enough for you to catch up on your gardening.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so beautiful Elaine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the "how to" info, Elaine, the marbling looks fab - shall have to give it a go myself.

    ReplyDelete