Sunday 27 March 2016

My second mixed media canvas

Good evening,

Thanks for stopping by again so soon.. I'm hoping you will think it is worth your while as today I am bringing you a second canvas.. really quite different to the last.


For this one I took some PVA glue and covered it with gold tissue paper, wrinkling it as I went. Once dried I took two stencils, a swirly circle one and a script one and used Prima texture paste with them. I left them to dry and added some rose gold mist (home-made) and some gold acrylic paint.

I then set about making my arrangement of bits and pieces I had collected together. The large brass saying 'Expensive but worth it' is an old key ring I have held on to for a while. I also had some paper die cuts, a fence, a fern and a heart. In addition I added a couple of gold buttons, some chain links, some charms and a few paper roses. I also added a crown into the arrangement that was left over from my sons wedding in 2012. I had a negative piece of card too that I had punched circles from and I used that too. The large square with a circle in is a piece of foam packaging painted gold and sprayed.


Once I was happy with the arrangement I took some Prima Translucent Gel and stuck each of the items down as planned. I wasn't overly happy with the way it was going so I realised that I needed to find a more cohesive colour scheme so I decided to paint all of the items with the gold acrylic paint.

It was looking pretty at that time so I filled in all the gaps with small pearls, gems, beads and bead spacers. I added two bows and misted it all with turquoise Perfect Pearls. This gave me the effect I was after but not enough of the blue, so I dripped some darker blue from the Dylusions range- so here is the finished canvas.


Thanks for popping in again.

See you again soon.

Elaine
x






4 comments:

  1. What a fabulous result and I love the colours.
    Both your canvas pieces are lovely but this one is my favourite. Well done on trying something new.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my Fav too - Love all the different textures and gorgeous colours. I want to have a go at a canvas too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing, so much work gone into this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous canvas Elaine . lots of texture to look at & the colours are good also.

    ReplyDelete