Google+ Followers

Sunday, 27 March 2016

My second mixed media canvas

Good evening,

Thanks for stopping by again so soon.. I'm hoping you will think it is worth your while as today I am bringing you a second canvas.. really quite different to the last.


For this one I took some PVA glue and covered it with gold tissue paper, wrinkling it as I went. Once dried I took two stencils, a swirly circle one and a script one and used Prima texture paste with them. I left them to dry and added some rose gold mist (home-made) and some gold acrylic paint.

I then set about making my arrangement of bits and pieces I had collected together. The large brass saying 'Expensive but worth it' is an old key ring I have held on to for a while. I also had some paper die cuts, a fence, a fern and a heart. In addition I added a couple of gold buttons, some chain links, some charms and a few paper roses. I also added a crown into the arrangement that was left over from my sons wedding in 2012. I had a negative piece of card too that I had punched circles from and I used that too. The large square with a circle in is a piece of foam packaging painted gold and sprayed.


Once I was happy with the arrangement I took some Prima Translucent Gel and stuck each of the items down as planned. I wasn't overly happy with the way it was going so I realised that I needed to find a more cohesive colour scheme so I decided to paint all of the items with the gold acrylic paint.

It was looking pretty at that time so I filled in all the gaps with small pearls, gems, beads and bead spacers. I added two bows and misted it all with turquoise Perfect Pearls. This gave me the effect I was after but not enough of the blue, so I dripped some darker blue from the Dylusions range- so here is the finished canvas.


Thanks for popping in again.

See you again soon.

Elaine
x






4 comments:

  1. What a fabulous result and I love the colours.
    Both your canvas pieces are lovely but this one is my favourite. Well done on trying something new.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my Fav too - Love all the different textures and gorgeous colours. I want to have a go at a canvas too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing, so much work gone into this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous canvas Elaine . lots of texture to look at & the colours are good also.

    ReplyDelete