Sunday 6 March 2016

March tags..

Afternoon all...

I'm back from a lovely lunch..stuffed to the gills and have definately overdone it! Lol
Oh well, it's only Mother's Day once a year..

Anyway..as we're now home and DS2 is watching the football with DH, I thought I would come on here and blog some tags I made earlier in the week. Over on UKS I am in a go round that exchanges tags on a monthly basis and this month our theme was 'Arrows'... so here is my take on them



First I took some large tags, covered them in dictionary pages and sealed them with PVA glue. Then I took a Tim Holtz arrow stencil and used Prima Translucent gel through the mask. Unfortunately I underestimated the translucency of them and they barely showed up at all. So, once dried, I took the stencil again and used a Tim Holtz Walnut distress Ink and inked through the stencil over the top of the gel. Once dried, I also took some Treasure Gold and rubbed over the arrows to give them some more definition.

Then I took some Papermania wooden frames and cut them in half and stuck them onto some cheesecloth and adhered them to the background. I took some mesh and added that too and added more embellishments to create two clusters of interest. I also added some stamping on the edges.

Once everything had dried I took a dry paintbrush and added gold acrylic paint in places. I finished it off with another Studio Calico arrow on each tag and added ribbon.

Any excuse to get messy eh?


1 comment:

  1. These are lovely. Such pretty colours and I love the stencil work.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete