Sunday 23 March 2014

Scrap 365 April Sketch challenge

Good morning all

Today I am loading my take on the Scrap 365 April Sketch challenge which was bought to my attention through the lovely Jennifer Grace Blogspot. As some of you may know our Jennifer is a UK scrapper who inspires many of us here in the UK.. myself included. 

Anyhoo.... I liked the look of this sketch and I decided to use my new found love of watercolour paint as the basis for my LO. 

I started with a simple three colour lemon, lime and beige wash behind the area that I was going to add my photo to and then started building from there. 


First I pulled out my March Counterfeit Kit. As the March Guest Designer for the CKCB I thought I'd use up some more of my kit. So, although I added the white and green cardstock, the other papers were from my kit..making it the 8th (?) LO I've made with it.


So here it is! The photo was taken as I was out walking my dogs last spring..and there in front of me, was this baby owl! Now, me being me, I had my DSLR camera with me, so I was able to get this close up of it, although I think if I'd got right up close it wouldn't have flown off.. it was a surreal moment to say the least! Wasn't I lucky to find it? 

I hope you've enjoyed seeing my LO and clicking through to have a look at the other blogs I follow..but please remember to come back again! 

Tomorrow I am pleased to say I will be joining in the CKCB blog hop where I will be sharing another THREE layouts! 

Do come back and tell me what you think.. I'm looking forward to seeing you all here then.  By for now, and thanks for stopping by! 


15 comments:

  1. Oh Elaine this is so lovely, how lucky you were to capture this sweet bird. As always you have done the picture justice, I love your work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Norma..that's very sweet of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous - love the punch outs - great photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color combination, you don't see that combo much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely layout, like hoe you punched parts of the white cardstock. What an awesome picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that is so cool! What a great find on a walk, love the colors of the page too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love the colors here!! So bright and springy green :)
    Lovely page, lovely!
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Scrap365 <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous color palette! So crisp and makes me wish for spring. Fantastic photo, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought I had commented but it seems to have disappeared
    I love this page and especially the colour combo

    ReplyDelete
  10. great picture! love the colours too!
    thanks for playing along with us at Scrap 365 Blog!
    hugs xxx
    SandraP

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful page! I love the bits of border punching you did at the edges, and the watercolour painting and sparkly stars are all so pretty! Plus you are so lucky to have seen the baby owl!

    Thanks so much for joining in at Scrap365, and for saying you find me inspiring, that was lovely to read and has put a smile on my face! Jennifer x

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a wonderful moment to capture .. thanks for sharing ... great take on the sketch with your different elements .. thankx for joining us on SCRAP 365

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute! Thank you for playong with us at Scrap365!

    ReplyDelete