Monday 10 March 2014

Fifth LO using watercolour as a technique

Hi again.. two posts in one day! Can't be bad!

Today over on UKS the weekly challenge was to use a 'lifestyle change' for the subject of your LO.. amongst other choices... so I racked my brain and came up with this photo that was taken about 10 years ago when I lost over 2 stone (that's about 30lbs to any Americans reading this and about 14kg for any Australians! lol) . I was voted the class 'Miss Slinky' and won a lovely bouquet of flowers too. 

I used a pin from Pinterest for the initial idea for the LO and used yellow watercolour initially, then dripped raspberry pink splashes of watercolour and left it until it was almost dry.. then whilst still damp- I stamped black bubbles and swirls on the background and used a wet wipe to smear the paint and ink in a downward direction. I then doodled black lines and arrows and did some faux stitching on the photo mat. I then added the other paper from my CKCB kit and layered some journalling tags, added the title and added all the embellishments. 

I also used a drinking straw as per Angelas Blog  that gives instructions how to get those little black circles that I needed just to stretch my stamping out a little more.

It took me right out of my comfort zone as I don't normally do messy... (you should see my desk!) but I have to say I'm actually quite pleased with the end results... what do you think.. do let me know!


7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page Elaine (well worth a closer look when I clicked on it) love the doodling and details - and a very slinky miss too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the suggestion of using the straw. Neat effect. Brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your "messy" layout - you are clearly a natural!

    ReplyDelete