Wednesday 22 June 2016

WOYWW 368

Good morning all

Dis you miss me? I didn't make it to WOYWW last week... but today I am again joining in with the What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday currently being hosted by the lovely Jan who has stepped in while our 'real' host recuperates from major surgery. Despite having a family bereavement Jan has continued with the idea and is an absolute star so we can all continue adding and sharing our desks and projects. Thanks Jan! If you'd like to hop on over and join in or comment, go here to see what I'm talking about.

Today my desk is a bit of a disgrace. I've been busy 'playing' this week and I just haven't tidied up like I normally do. You may notice a shiny splodge on my desk. I deliberately didn't get too close as I'm not sure about the project yet.. and it's still wet..so there may be more of that next week. It's painting of a sunset that I am hoping to stamp over and make a new picture for my walls..but I'm not too keen yet so we'll see!
 There are also the remains of a layout I made yesterday


I'm not at all happy with the way the title sits..so I will be changing that.. I'm going to fire up my cameo for once. The little dress is an origami fold made with a piece of book paper and stamped and heat embossed to make the pattern. The papers are Bo Bunny C'est La Vie.

My favourite piece of the week though is definitely my artist palette I made over the weekend. I've not tackled a mixed media piece so large before so I am really rather pleased with the way it's turned out. If you would like to know how I  made it, which products etc, please do become a follower as I aim on doing a separate post on this one. I need more followers, so please do join me on my crafty journey... you never know what I might get up to!


Well, that's it for this week... so let me know you've visited. Have a great week everyone and I hope to be back next week.

Elaine
x

13 comments:

  1. Now that's a lovely idea for my spare battered paint palettes you've done a super job - although I know I'll never get round to it. Have a good WOYWW x Jackie 22

    ReplyDelete
  2. The paint palette is fantastic - I love what you've done with it!! I think the LO is gorgeous too..I saw a string of bunting made out of origami paper dresses just like the one you've shown, maybe they were a bit larger, but they looked brilliant :-D
    Hugs, LLJ xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is a great mixed media piece and love the little origami dress. So cute.
    sandra de @18

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Elaine, love the palette. I have one of those that never gets used, so you may have inspired something there.Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #7 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your palette is beautiful! Well done. The scrapbook page is cute too. I used to make little origami dresses (much smaller) with origami papers with a very tiny pattern. But your idea of using book paper is great.

    Happy WOYWW,
    Greetings from sunny Spain,
    Lisca#11

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely LO Elaine and your mixed media palette is fabulous.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Elaine your LO is lovely and I am loving your palette you altered. Can not wait to see your sunset as from a distance I am loving the colours. Have a wonderful week and thanks for visiting my blog earlier Hugs ~Anne L#3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your paint palette mixed media is wonderful. I really like the colours. I can see why the piece is your favourite. The scrapbook page is lovely - so cute.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sharon K #37

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Elaine, Your LO is so pretty.

    I really like the artists palette.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sue #8

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great mixed media piece. I love the artist palette. :-)
    April #34

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing work - I love both your layout & mixed Media piece!Love the big window in front of your desk - you lucky gal. xoxox Donna #4

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a lot of great projects on your desk! Beautiful pieces. Dorlene #48

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous layout, lovely the origami folded dress and that altered art project is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete