Saturday 18 June 2016

An altered matchbox

Good morning all...

Today I am bringing you something a little different. For the first time ever I decided to make an altered matchbox for a swap over on UKScrappers.

First, I started off with a browse on you do... and was in  awe of all the little treasure that other people had made.. then I started panicking! How on earth was I ever going to produce anything as beautiful a those people had created? Then I had a flash of inspiration! I remembered those little ATC's that I blogged a couple of weeks back.. the ones with a seaside them.. and from there my idea grew. These ones...

So I decided I would use a seaside theme for my matchbox too.

First I covered the matchbox in some pretty silvery, teal tissue paper using PVA glue. Then I added Prima Gold crackle glaze paste in certain areas. Once dried I added a pearl brad to the drawer as a knob.
Then I used a mixture of Prima Small Art Stones, blue bugle beads, gold threads and seed pearls on Prima Translucent Gel to create the background of the lid, bottom corner of the box and the drawer. Once I was happy with the coverage and it had all dried I added tiny seashells (collected on my recent holiday to Devon and Cornwall), pearl gems and some teal/blue threads to represent weed.

For the inside I created a little diorama of what the bottom of the sea looks like and added a small starfish too. I used another small shell and a large pearl bead for the finishing touch.

All in all I thought it was quite sweet and Karen, my swap partner, seemed very pleased with it.. so I am pleased...

Thanks for stopping by... do pop back soon!