Sunday 14 February 2016

A valentines card today

Good morning all

Today, being the (allegedly) most romantic day of the year (!) I thought I would bring you a card I made for my husband for the big day.

I started off by looking at the prompts made for the February card challenge over on UKS and decided I would start my card by incorporating some black, gold, hearts and horizontal stripes. Here are the prompts I had to choose from:



From there, I thought I would make it a bit more masculine and added a black background.
The black and gold I used was from some new stash I bought from Stampin' Up.. I then chose a gate fold for the basis and I stamped a heart on some black card and heat embossed it with gold embossing power. I matted the black card on gold CS and then stamped my sentiment onto another piece of black card and mounted that too. After heat embossing that in the same way I stuck them all together..I deliberately chose not to say 'I' love you..just 'love you' as that is what I say to my DH before I go to sleep each night..altogether now...awwww... Lol

Anyway, here it is.. Hope you like it..thanks for stopping by!


4 comments: