There is a wonderful Photographic Scavenger Hunt going around that I first spotted on my friend Jemmas blog Just Jimjams .. Apparently she originally got the idea from Gallo Organico aka Rinda. It is Jemmas second year of doing this (I think) and I know she, like me, loves photography.
So, (at the risk of being a copy cat), I have decided to have a go at it too. .. well I guess that's the idea of blogging isn't it? To spread the word and encourage others..
To that end here are the first two things off my 'list' (which is now tucked into my handbag for future reference)
A Garden Gnome - this one is called Eric (after Eric Cantona who played for Man Utd in the 1990's) My son bought him for me when he was about 7 at a school fair.. I was horrified at the time and yet he's become one of the family now and he's moved 13 times with me! (FYI my son is still a die hard Man U fan- don't judge me!) :0)
and below is the 'Rural scene'.. I don't think you can get any more 'rural' than this image of my neighbours horse looking out over the gate of his field!
and here is the rest of the list of things that I will be hunting down this summer...
1. A sign welcoming people to your home town (or a nearby town)
3. Birds on a wire
4. A group of tourists
5. A rack of post cards
6. An urban street scene
8. A tattoo on a person
9. A bakery
10. A photo bomb (someone found lurking in the background of photo; the lurker may have intended to disrupt the picture or may be doing it unintentionally, but the background lurker is a surprise to the photographer)
11. A horn
12. A mascot
13. A sunrise
14. A parade
15. A juggler
16. A sign in a language other than English
17. A lamp post
18. A water fall
19. A public garden
20. A bus (not a car, truck, lorry, camper or RV) with a picture painted on its sides.
21. A photograph of you with something representing the season (recognizing that the season will be Winter for our friends in the southern hemisphere). Note: you may not use a substitute for this item.
If you find something on the list too difficult, you may substitute one of the following items for anything on the list, except for Item #21:
Alternative A: A kite, hot air balloon or blimp
Alternative B: A bird house
I'll be keeping a tally here if you want to see the whole hunt collection!