Friday 7 June 2013

CJ Theme 'Quotes'

Good morning... it is still early but I am grabbing the opportunity to pop on here and blog my latest CJ pages that have just been received by the recipient so I can now share them with you.

This one was for my dear friend and Teamie on UKS- Tink ... I hope she will enjoy them as much as I enjoyed doing them. Here CJ theme was 'Quotes' and I'm rather partial to the quote that Ginger Rogers is reported to have said:

I did everything that Fred Astaire did but backwards and in high heels!

I totally understand what she means as I too spend my working life in a mans world and yet never get the recognition that I would if I were a man.. so here are my two 8 x 8 CJ pages.

As the images I used were printed from the internet and the papers I wanted to use were soft creams, blacks and greys, I decided to adjust the images to sepia to blend them all together better. I mainly used leftover scraps from a kit I had used a few weeks back (see the previous post April Week 3 challenge) They are mainly Prima papers with some other scraps of cardstock ... anyway... enough waffle here are the images.




As you can see, I layered the papers together and used a film strip die cut and then stamped the chandelier and scrolls and added random embellishments that went together. I really enjoyed doing this one and am looking forward to having some more time again after my sons wedding, next week, to spend more time working in 8 x 8 as I am comfortable with the size. Thanks for looking  

5 comments:

  1. I do love that quote myself and these are just stunning pages, love the way you have incorporated the film strip

    I am sure your friend will be thrilled with these

    Suzy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is gorgeously elegant x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your friend is going to absolutely love these, they are fantastic and love all the embellishments. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic and I adore the quote!

    ReplyDelete