Sunday 12 April 2015

White with one & Challenge 1 CKCB

Hi all

Today I am bringing you a dual challenge layout that I have created for the White With One blog and the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog.

The first challenge over on the CKCB was to find another blog and pick a challenge to use your kit on.

As some of you know.. I chose to add a lot of white in my April Counterfeit kit 'Halfway to Halloween'  in order to lighten it up a bit. That is proving to be very handy as the photos I seem to want to scrap at the moment seem to be babies! That could, of course, be because of my latest addition to the family, or, in this instance, it is my final LO for my sisters 60th birthday album that I will be giving her next month. 

Over on the White with One blog, they challenge you to create a LO made with white and one other colour. This month their choice was white with 'sand'. Now initially I thought I could get away with using some of my tan/orange papers that I had picked to add to my kit, but when I pulled them out they were way too orange! So.. plan B!

You may recall I added a pot of gold acrylic paint to my kit in order to make some gold letters as I don't own any (I still can't believe I haven't got every colour under the rainbow of Thickers in my vast collection!) Anyhow.. I decided to take the gold and add black to it to make the colour of 'wet' sand.. and it worked very effectively! As you can see. 

Somewhere over on Pinterest I had seen a heart shape used as a stencil on a canvas bag (apologies that I can't give credit!) so I thought I could utilise this idea here. So.. first I cut out a heart shape and then I took a pencil with an eraser on the end and dipped it into the paint. I kept doing this until I had roughly got a three deep layer of dots around the stencil. 

Once it had dried I stuck the photo to the heart with spotty washi tape and added some wooden and burlap embellishments. I then used the rest of the paint to cover a scrap of white card and I cut the title using my new Silhouette Cameo. Finally I used a Martha Stewart border punch to scallop the bottom edge and cut a single cut from the top of the page and added a strip of the painted card behind there and the wooden letters too. 

So  here it is.. Challenge no 1 for the April CKCB and my take on the white with sand from The White with One blog. 

Thanks for popping by! 

I have more LO's and even a card to add so do pop back soon. 

Have a great Sunday all. 

Elaine
x



13 comments:

  1. Love your gold dotted heart & the punched border, especially the one little bite up top - I used to do that a lot!
    This is really beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so sweet, I love the heart with the little chippie embellies.. and thanks for joining in with White With ON this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! So simple but yet very effective. You have nailed it Elaine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, love how you have done your background heart. Thanks for joining us at WW1 :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous dotty heart . gorgeous photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous challenge combining here. a really lovely technique and what a super layout

    ReplyDelete
  7. Precious! Thank you for playing along with us this month at White with 1!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the background heart idea looks awesome. Fabulous layout.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable page, I love how you created the heart! Thanks for joining us at WW1.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute page, thanks for joining us at WW1

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that heart. Thanks for playing along with WW1

    ReplyDelete
  12. very cute baby page, thanks for playing at WW1

    ReplyDelete