Thursday 30 April 2015

Good morning from sunny Kent

This morning I have woken up to sunny skies and sunshine all the way.. after such a wet and miserable day yesterday (and it being the first of 5 days off for me) I can only think the sun shines on the righteous! LOL...... 

Today I am bringing you a LO created for a challenge over on UKS. It is a small group of us that take it in turns to select a sketch and then prepare a LO based around it. 

In this case, we were asked to use this sketch here. Now, anyone who knows me, knows that I find scrapping with more than one or two photos a real challenge... so I was really quite pleased that I was going to have to stretch myself so. Thanks to the designer of the sketch whoever you are.. great sketch but I cannot give credit as I don't know where it originated from.



First job was to find a collection of photos that needed scrapping that all went together. I chose to use photos of my youngest sons passing out service when he 'graduated' as a firefighter in early 2011.  As regular followers know I am making an album for his 30th birthday in November so this will be an addition to that. 

Next I took my Counterfeit Kit, 'Halfway to Halloween' that I made for the CKCB challenge blog and came up with this. 

The story is that my husband, also a firefighter, and he snuck into the ceremony room before anyone else (and especially the 'brass') was really allowed to and we took some great family photos before the rest of all the crew and guests came in.. ensuring we didn't have lots of random people milling around in the background. So, as we had the room to ourselves they started messing about, pulling faces etc! So naughty...but just typical of these two.. and I wanted to record the moment... I am actually rather pleased with it.. and it is a lesson to me that I can 'do' more than a couple of photos at at time! lol




Now, as some of you may know, I am coming up for my 200th post.. so if you would like to become a follower of my blog.. just click the button beside the (rather wordy) blog post! (Sorry... got a bit carried away) and become a follower too as I will be having a small giveaway for you.

Thanks for stopping by, do let me know you've visited! 

Elaine
x

4 comments:

  1. I love how you have used the papers, matted onto black gives them real oomph! I bet the album will be great from your son. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen... I love doing albums as gifts. Everyone seems so pleased with them.

      Delete
  2. Elaine, such a fabulous page! LOVE your mix of large and small photos!! The colors really make the pictures pop!! Congrats to your son!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply adore that you snuck in there for your photo opps ahead of the crowd! This did turn out wonderfully well & you really aced the multiple photo sketch. Great guy page, too!

    ReplyDelete