Google+ Followers

Friday, 7 February 2014

Before and after layout

Over on Sues blog, Me and Mine, she has set us a sketch challenge that instantly got me pondering! Normally I jump straight in and make a LO but this one had me stumped... I couldn't see how I was going to link the elements together, which is a style I prefer to use.
Here is the sketch...


In the end after a couple of days deliberating, I decided the simplest thing to do was to add a strip of pps behind the two photos and rotate the sketch. From there it all came together very quickly..under an hour all told.. While DH is having a lie in! Lol

Of course it also complies with MAs Blogbits over on UKS too, earning me extra points for my team over there too. If you're  a dedicated Scrapper we'd love for you to come on over and join us here on UKS.



And of course... I just had to make the LO using my Counterfeit Kit from the challenge blog here. Now, as you can see from my earlier post, I had included some chicken wire papers and die cuts, and I was determined to use them! I knew the photos I wanted to use were country scenes, so from there I went with the flow, adding both of the elements and some real chicken wire that a friend was about to throw away on Saturday and I scrounged off her ( I just knew it would come in handy! )

To finish off I used some snowy clouds, snowballs and wooden country animals and I was just about there. I had some Thickers that blended well with the LO, but they didn't jump off the page as they blended a little too well! So with a little inking around the edges, I added the title to my LO and voila.. Here it is. All finished...thanks Sue for the challenge and to CKCB for the inspiration for my kit.



12 comments:

  1. Oh that's a fabulous take on the original!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute season layout :) and I love what you did with the chicken wire paper s fitting for the pictures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! I just love what you have done with my sketch - brilliant! Thank you for joining in my challenge.
    Sue @ Me&Mine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you've done this, and love the photos showing the difference In the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely layout Elaine, great interpretation of the sketch :) hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute layout! Love those little animal embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the rustic look of the layout

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you used the chicken wire.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant use of the sketch - great interpretation! Love the chicken wire too :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a tricky sketch and you've turned it into a great page. Love the use of the chicken wire.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are adorable wooden animals! Who makes them? We keep chickens & have kept rabbits so have pics to scrap.
    You did an incredible job with the sketch - pure genius to tip it over!

    ReplyDelete
  12. CONGRATULATIONS on winning my sketch challenge with your fab page, Elaine. Don't forget to email or PM me your snail mail so I can post your prize kit. :o)
    Sue @ Me&Mine xx
    aka MiniOwner

    ReplyDelete