Tuesday 12 March 2013

U R My Son shine....Counterfeit Challenge 2

I have made my first LO from my Counterfeit Challenge kit, as below.



As my son is 30 in June and he will be getting married the day after his birthday I wanted to do a LO that reflects how I have always felt about him.

Both my boys are my pride and joy- and yet, no, I'm not one of those clingy Mums! lol

I do however, want him to know how I feel so I have created a hidden pocket with the following words:

When you were very, very small
I used to dance with you cradled in my arms
You were my precious angel and when I held you close
love overwhelmed me....

I used to wonder what kind of life you'd lead
What would be your first word, your first job?
What kind of man would you become?
and would your life take you far away from me?

Then I'd hold you even closer.
I'd give you an extra kiss and an extra squeeze
and whisper 'I love You' one more time.

I knew you were too young to remember my words
but I prayed you would never forget them
Now you are a man
There are days when I still long to cradle you in my arms
and dance with you once again

Although I miss my little boy I am so proud of the man you are
and who you will become

When I think of you love still overwhelms me.
And as we both grow older and memories fade,
please never forget these words that you were once too small to remember

"I Love You"

The papers are predominantly We R Memory Keepers and I sponged the photo mat to match my dress.

The photo was taken at an industry awards night for Estate Agents (my son is also an Estate Agent) and I won best overall Estate Agent.. so we celebrated and partied quite hard that night!





7 comments:

  1. Such heartfelt journalling! Love this Elaine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally relate to every single word. I actually filled up when i read your journalling. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww! This one made me smile from ear to ear! What a cute play on words (son shine) and the picture was so tender! Great job on the visual aspect and on the deeply heartwarming words! I always appreciate artists who also create beauty with words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a lovely, bright page, and beautiful heart felt journalling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such sweet words for your son!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a lovely page. I'm sure he will be touched by this. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet page, it scares me to think of my son growing up, I bet it does fly by so fast. I love the blue border punched photo mat. x

    ReplyDelete