Saturday 13 October 2018

Helping Hands | Elaine King | Small Photos

Good morning all

Didn't you just love this months prompt over on the UK Scrap Addicts Blog? I love to use small photos as it is always great way to use up several photos at once.  Here is the layout I made this month using the prompt 



When I am doing this I usually use a photo editing app. In this case I used Pic Collage so you can make lots of photos fit into a grid. I find that most online photo printing services will offer a 'square photo' option these days. I have discovered that the UK photo printing services of Snapfish offer a 4" square option and Free Prints offer a 5" square option. In this case I used the 5" option from Free Prints rather than print the photos out myself. 

To make this layout I used 4 photos that I had set into a square. In these apps you can often choose a background colour too. In this case I chose a cerise pink background which I echoed by using a cerise pink piece of cardstock as my background. 



Once I had cut apart my four photos in the grid I used them with a page kit from Crafts4Eternity 

I made some home made embellishments using washi tape for the central square and highlighted some of the black that features within the patterned papers. 



I made a cluster in the bottom left with more punched black card and some die cut circles that served as a journaling spot. 



I then punched a 2" heart for co-ordinating card and covered in sequins too. Each of the squares that were not photos were cut and layered to give each a cerise pink frame too. 



To finish I added flowers from my stash and some black puffy alphabet stickers that I got from The Works. 

My only dilemma is the title.. should it be Helping Hand..or Helping Hands??? You decide!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment