Wednesday 3 September 2014

School Days LO

Hi all

Today I'm bringing you a LO that I created for my youngest sons 30th birthday album (which isn't until November NEXT year). I'm getting started early so I can give each page the attention it deserves. The photo used was on his last day at primary school, way back in 1996! It is especially poignant, as he is standing beside his best friend, Tom, who, tragically, lost his life a few years later.. devastating his family and friends, (us included). He was a big part of our lives and he is still missed to this day.. and always will be. 



The LO has been created for the ScrapStuffz Inspired by Challenges blog, where this photo was used to give me inspiration. My photo is a fun picture with lots of fun and laughter and this image is also bright and fun and cheery so the two go hand in hand. 

Once the inspiration was there, I started off with a piece of navy cardstock (one of his school colours) and used Gesso with a circles stencil for the white grungy dots. Then I layered Dapper Dan (from Glitz) papers beneath the photo and where I was to put the title. 

I then punched dotted circles out of the CS and put scraps of white paper behind to make them more visible. 

Once I had added the photo I used up some ancient embellishments, the 'School Days' and backpack stickers, paper clips etc and I found another old piece of stash.. the 'Partners in Crime' title which was an old rub-on that seemed perfect for the photo! 

I then added an explosion of other embellishments, mini coloured 'doughnuts' (which were from a failed experiment to make my own enamel dots!.. still haven't mastered that one!), coloured buttons and finally the themed sport buttons that have lived in my stash collection since the day dot! 

The layout was borne out of this sketch which originally came from ScrapFriends Sketch blog  where there are a whole array of wonderful sketches that I just love! 

I also used this sketch to set a challenge over on UKS, where several of my friends there created their own versions of it. 

You would be amazed at the differences that came out of this one sketch! 

So go on, jump in, have a go yourself but remember to link back to their blog if you choose to use one of their wonderful sketches and blog about it. 

So that's it for today.. I'm off to work soon, so hope you all have a good day and happy creating!! 

Elaine

PS: Do let me know what you think of my LO.. it'll make my day!




10 comments:

  1. Lovely LO and what a super memory to have captured.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun and happy layout - love everything about it apart from the underlying sadness x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh how lovely - great memories and a lovley way to remember his friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabby layout! What a wonderful way to remember his friend.
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fun! Love all the circles and the layered buttons on top of them. Great job on the Inspired By challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A good lay out . Don't those boys look like there having fun. What a nice gift this will be for your son's 30th later in the year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a lovely layout and wonderful memory for your son. Thanks for joining us at SSIB

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun page! Love all the circles element! Great take on the inspiration photo! Thank you so much for playing along with us at SSIB!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE your scattered buttons and circles !
    Thanks for playing with SSIB

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful page! Thanks for joining us at SSIB!

    ReplyDelete