Sunday 14 July 2013

Deconstructed sketch 54

Here is my take on Challenge two of the Counterfeit Kit Challenge .  The great sketch on the blog was all the inspiration needed for this LO...  as it says on the blog... I love a good sketch! It takes the pressure off, but still lets me be creative.
Here is my inspiration:


It's so boiling hot here today.. about 30 degrees in the shade.. so the best place to be is indoors  in my craft room.. that is until the sun comes round and turns it into a sauna of course.. lol

I used a selection of papers and added a strip of adhesive ribbon through the centre and two extra yellow flowers from my stash but otherwise all of the elements came from my 'Cheerful Choice' kit which I'm loving right now.

My take on the sketch meant I replaced the threads with some paper piecing instead... and then I couldn't resist adding some little glittered paper pieces above the turned down corner. I hope you like... catch you all later.



9 comments:

  1. those colours are gorgeous... very nice... I think I need to have a go at this one too! Happy scrapping, jenx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly what I envisioned when I saw the sketch! (Haven't done one yet, though...) Never read those lines as thread. This is so pretty & fun - that little detail of the escaping embellis is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page Elaine ... love the PP rays. I started mine in advance on June 29th ... and am STILL working on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I DO like the upturned corner! Super cute idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smashing page, did you see that we both made the Fab 5 list on CKCB this month? Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superior post, keep up with this exceptional work. It's nice to know that this topic is being also covered on this web site so cheers for taking the time to discuss this! Thanks again and again! KIDS KORNER

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty! This has been a really wonderful post. Many thanks for supplying this information.
    click here to know more about fag bearing middle east

    ReplyDelete